Putting our values into practice
Giving back to the community is an important part of our culture, values, and our philosophy to put people first.
Each year we put our values into practice through our support for a variety of causes. Nationally, we have a long history of supporting charities that help people with:
- Mental health issues
- Genetic disorders
- Blood transfusion needs.
Across many Accru offices, we participate in:
- Pink Ribbon Breakfast – in support of the Breast Cancer Foundation
- Biggest Morning Tea – to raise funds and awareness for the Cancer Council’s research, prevention, education and support
- Movember – a moustache growing charity event held during November each year to raises funds and awareness for men’s health
- Jeans for Genes Day – a fundraiser for the Children’s Medical Institute in support of children with genetic disorders
- Australian Red Cross – voluntary blood donation.
If it matters, get involved
We encourage our staff to put forward charities they would like to support. This has led to teams from each office getting involved in causes that really matter to them. Here’s a sample:
- Hobart “Being from a small city our team often knows someone our support will benefit. Each of them receives a day of charity leave each year where they can volunteer their time to support a cause that is close to their heart. We participate in fundraising events like the Biggest Morning Tea, RUOK day, and Cystic Fibrosis Quiz nights. Accru Hobart also sponsors Room Number 1 at Ronald McDonald House in Hobart, and holds frequent fundraisers for the cause.”
- Sydney “In Sydney, we donate the proceeds of our Melbourne Cup event to a charity chosen by our staff vote each year. Last year we raised over $12,000 for Westmead Children’s Hospital mental health unit. We’re also big supporters of RSPCA Cupcake Day as our team includes both great cooks and animal lovers.”
- Melbourne “In Melbourne, employees may take a day of ‘charity leave’ each year to work with a charity. Our staff have recently spent fun and rewarding days supporting great causes like Foodbank Victoria, Very Special Kids Piggy Bank Appeal and the Wesley Mission. Accru Melbourne also has a World Vision sponsor child.”
- Adelaide “Here in Adelaide, we support Kick Start for Kids.
This was set up by Ian Steele who recognised the problem of kids going to school without breakfast. All staff donate time by going to a school to organise breakfast for underprivileged kids. There are about 120 schools in Adelaide that participate in the program. Research has shown how much better kids perform after a hearty breakfast.”
- Perth “In Perth we support the Royal Flying Doctors, a vital service for people who live or work in outback and regional Australia. Individual staff members also make some great contributions to charities such as Oxfam and Ride for Cancer.”
- Brisbane “Each quarter our team members take turns to choose a cause they would like to support. We raise funds for charities by selling chocolates and chips! Some organisations we have recently supported include Love Your Sister and the RSPCA.”
Accru is an award-winning network of Australian accounting firms
“Accru Hobart has supported our business development, due diligence and governance responsibilities for over six years. Our ongoing relationship is a testament to their professionalism, ability to understand our needs and provide specialised, professional support at a competitive rate.”
Our people are naturally experts in their field. With a team of 200 across Australia, you’ll find a myriad of skills to help manage your business and financial challenges.
In medicine, the word profit can garner negative connotations. Often, we see doctors who run practices that make hardly any profit.
Improve your business performance and achieve superior return.
Accru is an award-winning network of independently-owned accounting firms in Australia. We help businesses grow, thrive and generate wealth for their owners…